Sunday, February 28, 2016
This would be sooo cute for a little girls birthday party or dance party! Take a cake pop stick and run it through a cupcake sleeve upside down (you could use any color really). Put a large marshmallow on top. Moisten the marshmallow top and sprinkle with colored sugar. Too cute!
This one looks pretty easy to make! Get some plastic champagne flute glasses from the Dollar Store. Pour in some M&M's or your favorite small candy to the point that the cupcake will fit on top (leave some room at the top for the cupcake paper to stick up....makes it easier to pull the cupcake out). Place the cupcake on top.
Saturday, February 27, 2016
Stuffed Meatloaf Roll
2 pounds lean ground beef
1 cup dry bread crumbs
2 eggs beaten
1 chopped onion
1 chopped bell pepper
1 cup chopped mushrooms
1 cup chopped black olives
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon leaf oregano
1 8 oz can tomato sauce
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 cans crescent rolls
In large bowl, combine beef, crumbs, egg, onion, salt and oregano. Stir in 1/2 tomato sauce; set aside. Cut 2 pieces of waxed paper 15 inches long. Unroll crescent roll dough and don't separate. Lay end to end on top of wax paper and place second piece of wax paper on top. Now take rolling pin and roll the dough out till it's half the thickness that it was originally .Place meat mixture in center and spread out over dough Sprinkle meat with cheese,bell pepper mushrooms and olives top with remaining tomato sauce. Roll up meat, jelly-roll fashion, starting at narrow end; use wax paper to help. Place seam side down . Place in non-stick 9-1/4-in. x 5-1/2 in. x 2-3/4-in. bread pan. Bake at 375 degrees F for 30 minutes. Drain off any fat that accumulates; return to oven for 30 minutes. I also did it
with pizza dough too and that one had a thicker crust and I also experimented with saran wrap instead of wax paper and that seemed to work pretty good DO NOT LEAVE THE PLASTIC WRAP ON OR THE WAX PAPER !!
Friday, February 26, 2016
Adapted from Yammie's Noshery via Lick the Spoon
- 3 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 2 packages crushed graham crackers)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 sticks butter (1 cup), melted
- 1¼ cups chocolate chips
- 3 8-ounce packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- ¼ cup caramel topping (recipe below)
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- ½ cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- ½ cup caramel
- ½ cup chopped Heath bars
Homemade Caramel Sauce:
- ½ cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
To make crust:
- Preheat the oven to 300º. Combine crust ingredients except the chocolate chips. Press into a 9-inch springform pan lined with parchment paper. Push all the way up the sides and press in firmly. Sprinkle with the chocolate chips. Set the springform pan on a baking sheet (some butter will leak from the pan). Bake for about five minutes or until the chocolate chips are soft. Smooth them out with an offset spatula. Place it in the freezer while you prepare the filling.
To make cheesecake:
- Beat the cream cheese, sugar, and sour cream for a few minutes until the sugar is dissolved. Add the vanilla and caramel and mix well. Add the eggs one at a time and beat just until incorporated. Pour into chilled crust. Wrap the pan in a foil and place in a larger pan filled with hot water. Bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes in the 300º oven. The center will still be wiggly, but it shall set in the end. Remove from the oven and cool. Refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight.
- Beat the whipping cream and sugar in a chilled bowl until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- Combine the caramel and ½ cup of toffee. Place small spoonfuls of the topping over the top of the cheesecake, then spread using an offset spatula. Pipe some whipped cream dollops around the perimeter and garnish with more toffee bits. Slice with a large wet knife for cleaner slices.
To make caramel sauce:
- In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar and syrup. Cook on medium heat, stirring occasionally with a rubber spatula. Once it is caramel colored, remove from heat, add the butter and stir until the butter is melted. Add the cream and stir until it's all combined. Bring it back to the heat if you get clumps and stir it until they're dissolved. Store in the refrigerator if not using right away. Makes about ¾ cup.
Overnight chilling is not included in total time.
This recipe was adapted from Yammie's Noshery via Lick the Spoon
This recipe was adapted from Yammie's Noshery via Lick the Spoon
Tuesday, February 23, 2016
Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting
8 oz cream cheese, softened
4 tbs unsalted butter, softened
2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
1/4 cup cocoa powder, sifted
Cream the butter and cream cheese together with a mixer and gradually add the sugar and cocoa. Try not to eat the whole bowl with a spoon. This will frost a 13 x 9 inch sheet cake or about a dozen cupcakes.
Monday, February 22, 2016
Teddy Bear Race Cars
1 packet of mini Mars Bars or Milky Way chocolate bars
1 family packet of m & ms
1 box of Tiny Teddy cookies
1 quantity of icing sugar icing paste for glue ( mix half cup of icing sugar and a teaspoon of cocoa powder with a few drops of hot water)
Glue each of the 4 wheels (smarties) on to the sides of the milky way bars. Press into each center a tiny teddy cookie. Glue on an m & m steering wheel for each one. Recipe from Foodgasms
Wednesday, February 10, 2016
Cauliflower 'bread' Sticks:
1 head of Cauliflower
1/2 cup shredded Cheese
2 Eggs, beaten
1 tsp dried Parsley or Oregano or Basil
2 cloves Garlic, minced
Onion powder, Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
2. Cut up Cauliflower and steam till soft.. put on a tea towel and blot, try to get as 'dry' as possible.
3. Put in food processor or blend till it's mashed potato texture.
4. In medium bowl stir Cauliflower, Eggs, Cheese, Garlic & Seasonings
5. Lightly spray baking pan and pat the mixture out.
6. Bake at 450 for 15-20 minutes or until top starts to brown
7 Cut into sticks.
Sunday, February 7, 2016
5-Ingredient Cheesy Bacon Dip
30min to prepare, Serves 6
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup bacon (6-8 slices), crumbled
- 1/3 cup green onions, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375º F.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, cheddar cheese, bacon and green onions and mix until they’re totally combined.
- Transfer mixture to a round baking dish and place in oven.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until cheese is totally melted and dip is bubbly.
- Remove from oven and serve with chips or toasted bread.
Saturday, February 6, 2016
Friday, February 5, 2016
Caprese Stuffed BurgersIngredients:
- Your favorite blend of ground beef.
- I used an 80/20 blend because I think the extra fat makes them juicy.
- Real bacon bits.
- Or crumbled up bacon that you have made.
- Grape tomatoes
- Fresh mozzarella
- Fresh basil leaves
- Steak seasoning - or your favorite burger seasoning blend.
- Your favorite buns and accompaniments
Well. To be honest, I'm not sure there really is a real method involved. Just form your ground beef into wide hamburgers patties, making them quite a bit thinner in the middle sections (like a well) with a thicker border. Fill with your...er...fillings of choice. Stick them together and grill them up! Oh, and make sure you have buns that are big enough! Haha! I had "junior" sized buns and a "king" sized burger! It was quite funny in the end. But cooking should be fun. The important part is that when I bit into it.... warm gooey mozzarella with tomatoes and basil OOOOOZED out. Yum!
BAKED FRIED CHICKEN
Place thawed chicken breast tenderloin strips in a bowl of milk. Let soak for 20-30 min.
Mix in a Gallon Size Ziploc or Large Bowl:
1/2 tsp. Salt
1 T Season All
3/4 tsp Pepper
1 c. Flour
2 tsp. Paprika
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut 1/2 stick of butter into a few pieces and place in a 9x13 pan. Melt butter in pre-heated oven.
Spread melted butter around the bottom of the pan. Lightly spray the pan, if needed, to make sure that there are no dry spots.
Shake excess milk off of chicken and completely coat each piece with the seasoning mix. You can either shake the chicken in the bag, until coated, or dip each piece in the bowl until coated.
Place each piece of chicken in the pan.
Cook for 20 min. Turn each piece of chicken and continue cooking for 20 more minutes, or until cooked through.
Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Dip
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup miniature chocolate chips
Graham cracker sticks or teddy grahams
In a small bowl, beat together cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add sugars and vanilla. Stir in chocolate chips. Refrigerate until ready to eat. Serve with graham cracker sticks or teddy grahams.
LOUISIANA HOT CRAB DIP
1/2 pound jumbo lump crabmeat, free of shells
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup grated Parmesan
3 tablespoons minced green onions (white and green parts)
2 large garlic cloves, minced
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon hot sauce
1/2 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
Combine all of the ingredients in a casserole dish and gently stir until thoroughly mixed. Adjust seasoning to taste. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes until lightly golden on top. Serve hot.
Serve hot, with hot sauce on the side for those who like it spicy.
Makes about 1 1/2 cups
Thursday, February 4, 2016
1 can (46 ounces) pineapple juice, chilled
2-1/4 cups water
3/4 cup thawed pink lemonade concentrate
3/4 cup sugar
1 quart strawberry ice cream
2-1/2 quarts ginger ale, chilled
1 Pint Fresh Strawberries
In a punch bowl, combine the first four ingredients.
Add ice cream; stir gently.
Add ginger ale; stir gently.
Cut Fresh Strawberries and add to punch.
Serve immediately. Yield: 6 quarts.
Make ItTap or click steps to mark as complete
Heat oven to 350°F.
Remove stems from mushrooms; discard or reserve for another use.
Mix remaining ingredients; spoon into mushroom caps. Place, filled-sides up, in shallow baking dish.
Bake 18 to 20 min. or until heated through.