Decadent and perfect for summer, this chocolate drink is perfect for company or just for a summer night.
Serves: 4 servings
- ¾ cup hot water
- ½ cup super fine sugar
- ¼ cup good quality unsweetened Dutch processed cocoa
- 1 teaspoon chocolate extract
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups ice
- Club soda
- Chocolate Gelato, slightly softened
- Fresh mint
- Place the hot water, sugar, cocoa and extract in a blender and blend until smooth. Add in the milk and blend to combine. Set aside to cool completely.
- Add the ice to the chocolate mixture. Blend until it is frothy and slush-like, adding more ice if needed.
- Pour a splash of club soda into the bottom of each glass. Fill the glass with the chocolate mixture, leaving about 1 inch of space at the top. Place a small scoop of chocolate gelato on top. Garnish with fresh mint.