Monday, January 18, 2016

Crockpot Meatloaf & Potatoes

Crockpot Meatloaf & Potatoes

Make your meatloaf however you typically make it.  If you don’t have a recipe you already love, here is an easy base recipe (I make it different every time, based on what I have. In the picture below I added diced onion.  I usually add chopped tomato):
2.5 pounds of ground turkey (or beef, if you prefer)
1 egg
3/4  cup smashed cornflakes (or bread crumbs, but I prefer corn flakes)
1 envelope of Lipton onion soup mix
2-3 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
salt, pepper, paprika, garlic salt, Italian seasoning to taste.
Mix the ingredients well and form a “loaf” in the bottom of your crock pot.
Then, wash 5-6 small-medium potatoes, prick them with a knife or fork, and wrap them in foil.  Place them around the meatloaf.  Cook for 8-10 hours on low.  You do not need to add water, and wrapping the potatoes is optional (I just like them to have their own flavor at the end of the day).

No comments:

Post a Comment