Friday, November 27, 2009

Cheesy Football

Happy Black Friday Everyone! Hope everyone got what they wanted if they went out early for the bargains! Me, I overslept, so I didn't get out early. But, I got most of what I wanted. Here is a quick and easy recipe that is always a favorite! I know it says to shape it into a football shape, but you can just as easily shape it into a ball. This has always been a hit for me, whether a family gathering, potluck, or reunion! This year I am going to make one for my mom's Christmas party and mold it into the shape of a Christmas tree. Hope you enjoy!

CHEESY FOOTBALL

2 pkg. (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
1 pkg. (8 oz.) sharp Cheddar cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup Miracle Whip
1/4 cup chopped green onions
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1 cup chopped pecans
Pimiento strips or roasted red pepper

Beat cheeses and dressing with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add onions and black pepper; mix well. Cover. Refrigerate several hours or overnight. Form into football shape; roll in pecans. Garnish with pimiento strips or roasted red pepper strips for the “lacing”, if desired. 30 servings.

Note: This is a Kraft Foods recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment