Monday, November 30, 2009

Mushroom Explosion Pizza

My guys do not like mushrooms very well, so I always have to order a separate pizza when we go out so that I can get my mushrooms. When Boston's was still here, they had the best mushroom speciality pizza. After many attempts to reproduce it, I have finally come up with something close! So, here is my creation!

MUSHROOM EXPLOSION PIZZA

1 large container of fresh sliced mushrooms
Butter
Pizza dough
1 pkg. of sliced Provolone cheese
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese

Make your favorite pizza dough, or use a pre-made pizza dough. While making the dough, saute the mushrooms in butter until cooked to your liking. Spread out the dough onto a pizza sheet. Cover the bottom of the pizza dough with a layer of Provolone slices. Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over the Provolone. Evenly spread out the mushrooms on top of the cheese. Tear the remaining Provolone into small pieces and sprinkle over the mushrooms. Bake the pizza according to the directions indicated by your pizza dough recipe (I make my pizza dough in our bread maker and then cook the pizza with our pizza oven). The pizza is done when the dough is baked and when the cheese is browned to your liking. Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment