Saturday, January 2, 2010

Kanai Banana Bread

My husband loves banana bread. I had never made it before, so I found someone who had a recipe. I got this recipe from a lady that I worked with. He really likes it, I hope you do to!

KANAI BANANA BREAD

1/2 cup vegetable shortening
1 cup sugar
2 eggs, beaten
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)

Cream shortening with sugar and eggs until fluffy. Add bananas and mix. Stir in dry ingredients and mix just until moistened. Fold in nuts. Spread batter in greased 9x5x3” loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. As loaves cool, lay aluminum foil lightly over them to retain moisture.

No comments:

Post a Comment