Wednesday, December 16, 2009

KFC Cole Slaw & Macaroni Salad

I know, I know....I didn't post yesterday! Sorry, I fell asleep and didn't get up to the computer. So, I am posting two recipes today. Here are some KFC recipes that I found....hope you like them!

KFC COLE SLAW

8 cups finely chopped cabbage
1/4 cup carrot, shredded
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup buttermilk
1 1/2 Tbsp. white vinegar
2 1/2 Tbsp. lemon juice

Cut cabbage and carrots into small pieces about the size of rice kernels. (The food processor is great for this!) In salad bowl, combine the sugar, salt, pepper, milk, mayonnaise, buttermilk, vinegar and lemon juice. Beat until smooth. Add the cabbage and carrots. Mix well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Serves 6 to 8.

KFC MACARONI SALAD

7 oz. box elbow macaroni, cooked
2 ribs celery minced fine
1 Tbsp. dry minced onion
1/3 cup diced sweet pickles
1 1/2 cups Miracle Whip
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1/4 tsp. dry mustard
1 tsp. sugar
Salt to taste

Combine everything just as listed. Refrigerate salad tightly covered several hours before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment