Monday, December 14, 2009

Wake Up Casserole

I often make breakfast casseroles for birthdays at the office. This is one of my favorite ones to take! This is quick and very good (I make it the night before and let it set in the fridge). Note, I usually do use more eggs (maybe a dozen) because I like it to be eggy. Also, I sometimes switch out the kind of meat I use, it makes for a change. I also usually use more cheese. But, I would suggest that you make it as first, and then you can decide what you want to pump up! Enjoy!

WAKE UP CASSEROLE

8 frozen hash brown patties
4 cups (16 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese
1 lb. cubed fully cooked ham (2 cups)
7 eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground mustard

Place hash brown patties in a single layer in a greased 13 in. x 9 in. x 2 in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese and ham. In a bowl, beat eggs, milk, salt and mustard. Pour over ham. Cover and bake at 350̊ for 1 hour. Uncover; bake 15 minutes longer or until edges are golden brown and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield 6-8 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment